Please complete and submit the form below to make a secure credit card transaction via PayPal. Course access information will be emailed to you as soon as possible following registration. Please note that tuition is non-refundable.
STARTS SEPTEMBER 11, 2021!
Prior to European colonization, Bears and humans thrived together in North America. After colonization, Bears were viewed as enemies. Bears of all species were hunted down and slaughtered to near extinction. The myth of Bears as dangerous, unpredictable menaces is still ingrained in the mind of the public, scientists, and policy. Charlie Russell was an exception.
Charlie Russell’s understanding and relationships with free living Bears was unsurpassed. Drawing from Charlie’s seven decades of experiences and observations and threaded with western science, this course explores how, by adopting his science, ethics, and philosophy, humans can make the necessary transformation for restoring health and wellness to ourselves and the planet.
This six-part online course webinar series builds on Gay Bradshaw’s Talking with Bears: Conversations with Charlie Russell, and delves deeply into the lives and minds of bears through the lens of Russell’s experiences. Through lessons from the bears, we hear voices of other teachers who advocate for the embrace of a new, but ancient, way of being—what Richard Rohr refers to as nondual thinking, Eckhart Tolle, presence, Thich Nhat Hanh, loving kindness, and quantum physicist David Bohm, wholeness.
Join us as we step beyond the awesome fascination of Bears and Charlie to look “under the hood” to study his theory of Nature and how he came to understand Bears the way he did.
- Explain how Charlie Russell’s science and understanding of Bears is predicted by neuroscience
- Explore how adopting this view is personally and socially transformative
- Investigate how this view resonates with other nondualist traditions
- Explore how this view and approach translates to everyday living and to policy
- Acquire knowledge and understanding that increases your communication skills and expertise in support of Bears
Starting September 11, 2021, this six-week online course will meet Saturdays 10-11:30 a.m. (Pacific Time) via Zoom for a total of six sessions. Each session begins with a presentation by the instructor focusing on a core concept with examples. The remainder of the session is an open discussion with participants based on the presentation and previously assigned readings. In addition to the two required texts (below), there will be additional readings and videos assigned.
Access to recorded presentations will be provided for those who prefer a self-paced learning experience or who must miss a class. Discussion sessions will not be recorded to safeguard participant privacy.
- Talking with Bears: Conversations with Charlie Russell (G.A. Bradshaw, Rocky Mountain Books, 2020).
- Carnivore Minds: Who these Fearsome Being s really are (G.A. Bradshaw, Yale University Press, 2017)